• Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

Formel 1 - GP von Großbritannien

Length: 5141 km
    Nb of laps: 60 (308,355 km)
    Record Pole: Rubens Barrichello - 1'23''083

Michi

Ich hoffe nun das hier Bari und Michael zeigen was es bedeutet rot zu fahren und was sie für einen spitzen wagen fahren.

Kommentar

Meiner Meinung nach, ist der Ferrari noch immer das stärkste Auto im Feld. Allerdings haben Schumi und Barri einen gewaltigen Nachteil: BRIDGESTONE!!!!!
      Williams ist in Silverstone wieder Favorit, Ferrari sollte aber näher an ihnen dran sein als in Frankreich. McLaren kann ich momentan noch nicht genau einschätzen. Denke aber, dass sie hinter Williams und Ferrari die 3. Geige spielen werden.

Michi

Kommentar

Ich selber glaub, daß wieder die Williams, den Sieg einfahren werden

1 ganz speziell nach den jüngsten beiden Siegen ist das Team hoch motiviert, das Rennen auch noch vor der Haustür von Williams für das ganze Team etwas Besonderes. Im Prinzip können beide Fahrer die Strecke mit verbundenen Augen Fahren
        von der Aerodynamik, vom Setup als auch von den Reifen her sollten sie bestens für Silverstone vorbereitet sein.

2 Die Test in Barcelona wo Williams sehr gute Figur gemacht hat

3 Barrichello ist im extremen Formtief
        Dafür ist Schumacher sehr gut drauf, trotz der mängel des Autos (Reifen) immer sehr gute Rennen gefahren und inkl. Sehr gute Rennsttrategie derzeit noch immer Top

McLaren in Karrusellfahrt mal sehr gute Leistungen, dann wieder peinliche Hoppalas im Rennen Coultrad schlecht in Form Raikkonen derzeit gut drauf

Mein Sieger Tip einer der beiden Williams, unter die Top3 noch Schumi oder Raikkonen
        DISPZIPLIN DER WEG ZUM ERFOLG-REICH
        ES GIBT KEIN ZUFALL SONDERN NUR UNWISSENHEIT

100% RAPID

Kommentar

Regen in Silverstone - Lichtblick für Bridgestone??

16.07.2003 (SID) - Beim Großen Preis von Frankreich vor zwei Wochen feierte die beiden BMW-Willams-Piloten Ralf Schumacher und Juan Pablo Montoya einen Doppelsieg. Dabei bewährten sich einmal mehr die Michelin-Reifen der Formel-1-Piloten. An diesem Wochenende könnte in Silverstone der Vorteil allerdings bei Michael Schumache liegen, der auf Bridgestone-Reifen unterwegs ist. Denn obwohl in Großbritannien zurzeit noch die große Hitzewelle vorherrscht, soll spätestens am Freitag der Regen kommen.
          Für das erste Qualifying am Freitag prophezeien die "Wetterfrösche" zumindest leichten Regen, ebenso für den Samstagmorgen, wenn die Fahrer ihre Trainingssessions auf der Rennstrecke in Silverstone absolvieren müssen. Für das zweite Qualifying am Nachmittag soll es zwar trocken bleiben, die Temperaturen sinken aber deutlich in den Keller. Am Renntag am Sonntag steigen die Temperaturen zwar wieder leicht an, aber nachmittags kann es immer wieder zu Regenschauern kommen - für die Fans und für Bridgestone ist beim Großen Preis von England also Spannung pur angesagt.

Michi

Kommentar

völlige scheisse um regen zu spekuelieren
            wenn trocken-Michelin
            wenn nass-BS
            Ich sehe eigentlich Williams hier als Favoriten [[flipa]]

Kommentar

wenn mehr als 20% des Rennens Regen gibt sind die Ferrari unschlagbar, abgesehen von den Reifen haben die immer so eine ausgeklügete Strategie und hervorragende boxestops (p.s. zumindestesn beim Schumi)

Um zu vergewissern ob es dann regnen wird oder nicht halte ich mich einfach an die Safety-Car Phase bei baw sinkt die Quote ist die Regenwahrscheinlichkeit höher keine Behauptung sondern nur eine Theorie

100% RAPID

Kommentar

Team Quotes for the next GP
                (Wenn jemand was nicht versteht, einfach an mich wenden.)

Ferrari

"After an encouraging test session at the English track, I am sure that we will be very competitive at Silverstone," said Michael Schumacher. "We will have a few new parts on the car and that means we can be optimistic about the British Grand Prix." "I like Silverstone as the track is interesting and it is always good to go and race there," added the five- time World Champion. "In my opinion, the key parts of the track are Becketts corner and the slow section after Bridge, which is difficult to get right. You need a well balanced car on this track, even more so than at the Nurburgring. Every aspect of the set- up has to be perfect and getting it right is a real challenge. The circuit has a long tradition in Formula 1 and that adds to its appeal. I go to Silverstone in optimistic mood, because we are well prepared for all eventualities."
                Rubens Barrichello confirmed that Ferrari will probably have a new kind of tyre for Silverstone. "Although we were happy on the tyre side after testing at Silverstone in mid-June, it now seems likely we will bring some new types of tyre to England as a result of last week’s test." The Brazilian also mentioned about changes that have been made to the F2003-GA : "We are going to have some new aerodynamic parts for Silverstone, which is a positive step and the result of high mileage testing of these parts in Barcelona and Fiorano," said Rubens. "I feel they will bring an improvement to the overall package." "The key to a quick lap at Silverstone is having a very well balanced car." explained the Brazilian. "particularly as this circuit can be very windy, making it difficult to set up the car. Of all the tracks we race on, it is the one I know best since my Formula Lotus and Formula 3 days. I know what to do there and I find it an exciting and challenging track. It is a chance for me to do well."
                Ferrari's sporting director Jean Todt is happy about the Scuderia's progress since the last Grand Prix. "Our technical partners, especially Bridgestone and Shell worked flat out alongside us," said Todt. "We were able to see an improvement in the performance of the F2003-GA, as well as some interesting developments in terms of tyre performance. We can therefore prepare to tackle the race at Silverstone in reasonably optimistic mood, while not forgetting that our main rivals will be very competitive."
                Technical Director Ross Brawn agrees with Jean Todt's point of view. "We have made progress," admitted Brawn. "Bridgestone brought some interesting solutions for the coming races; nothing revolutionary, but definitely a significant improvement. In addition, we also looked at various options for controlling traction which I think can be a help."

BMW Williams

"Williams F1's home race is a special event for the whole team but this year's race is going to be even more special following our recent victories," mentioned Ralf Schumacher. "After Magny- Cours, the team's mood is particularily buoyant but we can't afford to be complacent – the victories are the team's rewards for having worked so hard over the past months but we know we need to continue developing the package. Consequently, we've been testing various set up configurations as well as completing tyre evaluations in Barcelona this week so we should be well prepared for Silverstone." "The car is quick on a variety of circuit layouts so we should be able to produce a good result at Silverstone, as long as the British weather is kind to us, to do this would be great at our home Grand Prix. The track combines a good mixture of slow, medium and fast corners and has three straights where overtaking is possible. I am looking forward to Silverstone, as the car always seems to run well in both races and testing. In 1999 I achieved third place but I would be very pleased to do better this year!" added Ralf Schumacher.
                "The majority of teams spend a lot of time testing at Silverstone so most of the drivers could drive the track blindfolded !" said Juan Pablo Montoya. "The last time we were there we managed to set some encouraging times so we're fairly confident for next weekend's race. Furthermore, I've collected some valuable points in the past couple of races at Silverstone, with a third and a fourth. However, it is a very different circuit from both the Nürburgring and Magny-Cours where we have performed so well in the past two weeks. It would be great to keep this momentum going though, epsecially as it is Williams F1‘s home Grand Prix." "We are very aware that weather conditions will play an influential role over the weekend. It is not unusual to get a lot of wet running during the British GP weekend, which doesn't really suit our tyres too much but we are definitely aiming for more podium positions." mentioned the Colombian.
                Sam Michael, Williams F1's Chief Operations Engineer, commented : "The team is very much looking forward to going to Silverstone this year and hopefully maintaining our current strong form. The test team have been at Barcelona since our last win at Magny-Cours and their hard work has enabled Michelin and BMW Williams F1 to push the tyre programme forward again before the test ban. So far, we are the only team to have scored points in every race this year, an achievement that is only possible through extensive testing to ensure reliability, and something we hope to continue." "Silverstone is an interesting track with a mix of high speed corners, three straights, where power and drag are important, and a slow speed complex to finish off the lap. Aero efficiency is therefore critical and the set-up of the car has to be geared towards optimising high speed stability whilst not losing too much grip in the complex. Strategies are becoming more exciting with every Grand Prix, with the teams pushing themselves towards multi-stops. This is an advantage for us as we are as strong as ever in the pitstops." "Overtaking is not impossible at Silverstone, so it should be an interesting race for the drivers and the fans where we are looking to secure the lead in the Constructors‘ Championship ahead of Ferrari." said Sam Michael.

McLaren Mercedes

Of course it was frustrating not to finish on the podium at the French Grand Prix having held third position for the majority of the race, but unfortunately that was not possible," said Kimi Raikkonen. "The team has been working hard since then, at the test in Barcelona and the factory, to try and ensure we can challenge for a top three position at the British Grand Prix. I have always enjoyed driving at Silverstone, be it a race or test, as it is an excellent driving circuit with a range of challenges and overtaking opportunities. For example the right hander of Stowe, which is at the end of the long Hanger straight along which we reach the top speed on the track. Also through Vale and Club. The race is obviously more important for me now as it is the home race for the team and we are able to race in front of our enthusiastic fans. Silverstone is a technical, medium grip track, it is quite tough on tyres and we use a medium-low downforce set- up."
                "As one would expect, the British Grand Prix has an added significance to myself and Team McLaren Mercedes being our home race," mentioned David Coulthard. "There is always a fantastic atmosphere from our supporters and I hope we can put on a good race for them. This year will be the tenth time I have competed in the race, which over the years has seen some of the most memorable moments in my career, with my back-to-back victories in 1999 and 2000. As a Formula One driver, you always want to win your home Grand Prix so those races were something pretty special and it would be fantastic to repeat the result this year. Silverstone is great fun to drive and spectate at, as you can get a real appreciation for the speed. Sections that are particularly enjoyable include Copse, one of the fastest corners on the calendar, which we drive absolutely flat out with its speedy entry and short apex. You also have the famous Maggotts-Becketts-Chapel S-bends, where we push the cars to their limits and experience very high G's, with the aerodynamics of the car playing a very important role through here. The track does have some odd bumps, but we have done so many laps at Silverstone over the years in theory they should not catch us out!"
                Martin Whitmarsh, managing director at Mclaren International, commented : "Following the French Grand Prix, Team McLaren Mercedes conducted a comprehensive and positive test programme at Barcelona last week, continuing the development programme of the MP4-17D and MP4-18. We are now looking forward to our home Grand Prix at Silverstone, where we believe we have the potential to challenge for victory and we are all working to try and achieve this objective. We arrive at our home race in the midst of one of the best Championship battles Formula One has seen for a number of years, which is exciting for the teams and fans alike. McLaren has won more British Grands Prix than any other constructor, with a total of 12 that began 20 years ago with Peter Revson. In the 36 events that the team has competed in to date, we have secured points finishes in all but one. 23 of these were podiums, which is a record we are looking to continue this year. Silverstone itself has an illustrious motor racing history since it hosted the first ever World Championship Grand Prix in 1950, it has seen some great battles since then and we all enjoy racing here. Although, as with many circuits on the calendar today there have been significant modifications to the track over the years, Silverstone still boasts some of the finest corners of the season."

Renault

Pat Symonds, the engineering director of the team, gave us more details about Silverstone and the technical nature of the track. "Silverstone is a favourite circuit for engineers and drivers, because it presents some challenges only found on the more traditional circuits that we visit during the year," said Pat Symonds. "The sight of a Formula 1 car through Turn 1, or the Becketts complex, is that of a machine working at its very limit. In order to achieve the very high lateral accelerations and high- speed changes in direction in this first part of the circuit, it is necessary to have a car with huge inherent stability. A car that cannot make its driver feel confident through here, will never be quick. We must also ensure that the wing levels are correct for good speed down Hangar Straight, but having run here already in medium downforce configuration, we know we can balance the car well and make it reasonably easy to drive." "In addition, this is really quite a bumpy circuit and many of the areas concerned with getting good ride and good mechanical grip do not always go hand in hand with making the car responsive, creating yet another challenge. Although closest to the base of many of the teams, Silverstone is nonetheless not a circuit at which we test a great deal these days," added Symonds. "We do have a wealth of historical knowledge which always helps, but ambient conditions have a large effect. While the temperature and weather issues are familiar in their variability, the real fly in the ointment is the wind. Being an ex- airfield turned into a circuit, Silverstone is extremely exposed, and a change in wind direction can fundamentally alter how the car needs to be set up. For example, when a car enters a corner with a headwind component, this gives the effect of having more downforce and a tailwind component brings the effect of less downforce. On top of that, crosswinds affect a Formula 1 car just as they do a road car. We have spent a lot of time in the wind tunnel working on the yaw sensitivity (the car’s susceptibility to crosswinds) and in the last few years, we have made significant progress in reducing the problems associated with this." Under the old rules, we were able to predict prevailing conditions pretty accurately, and could fine-tune the car’s set-up to suit this just before the race. With the regulation changes, this exercise now involves predicting Sunday’s wind conditions on Saturday afternoon, and as such, has become much more difficult. The engineers and drivers have to work extremely hard throughout the race weekend to combat these various challenges, but the result is often very rewarding." said Symonds.

Michi

Kommentar

Toyota

"I was at the Goodwood Festival of Speed last weekend, which was quite good fun," said Olivier Panis. "The passion that fans have for motorsport is fabulous and it is very good for them to be able to get so close to the cars. The weather in Britain has been very hot over the past few days and I hope it remains like this for the rest of the week. Silverstone is one of my personal favourite tracks, because it is so fast and technically challenging. There are many high-speed sections, which should suit our TF103 race car, so I am very positive in this respect. We have some new aero parts for this race, which we hope will enhance our performance. We are all determined to get some good points after we have made continuous improvements in recent race weekends."
                  Christiano da Matta is also very optimistic, especially that he really enjoys the British circuit. "Silverstone is definitely my favourite track of the season and it is a circuit of which I have a good knowledge," said the Brazilian. "There are many fast sections, especially Copse and Becketts, which are fun to drive. It is a flowing circuit with a variety of types of corner, which makes the place very challenging - you get a real buzz when you set a good lap. We tested in Silverstone just a few weeks ago and we were quite competitive, so I am looking forward to putting in a strong showing there. Olivier has told me he is very encouraged by the new aero parts we are using and I like to think that we can both pick-up points this weekend."
                  Ove Andersson, Team Principal at Toyota, commented : "We are heading into the coming weekend with a very positive mind, as we made big progress over the past few races. We managed to qualify in the top ten and to get a couple of significant points. We now hope the new aero package will enable us to make up further ground on the teams ahead of us. In terms of track speed, we can certainly compare the Silverstone race to the Spanish Grand Prix, where we were both quick and reliable, and we want to regain this form. A double point finish in Silverstone would be a deserving reward for all our efforts and recent progress."

Jaguar

“The last few weeks have been non-stop for us, what with back-to-back races and testing and now my second ‘home' race things have been busy to say the least," said Mark Webber. "The R4 is running well and I am certainly pleased with the progress that we are making on its reliability. A few more points in the bag from Magny Cours helps keep the motivation high and lets us know that we are taking steps in the right direction. My testing in Barcelona was productive and I suffered no issues with the car that in turn allowed us to generate a huge data bank. The tyres are working extremely well for us at the moment but I know that Michelin like us will be hoping for good weather this weekend." "Silverstone is a track that I enjoy, despite mixed results – I won there in 2000 with F3000 yet failed to finish last year, so of course I will be looking for a finish this year and anything else is a bonus," added Webber. "Beckets corner is great fun so to be honest I am keen to just enjoy the weekend and certainly it makes a nice change not to have to fly to get to this race. I am a local resident too so I would like to give the fans something to cheer about although of course being a local I know that the weather is not always what you would hope for. Lets see what we can do and hope that the fact it is the teams home race does not count against us!”
                  His teammate Antonio Pizzonia also feels that the British GP is like a second home race. "When we talk about home Grands Prix I think I can easily include Silverstone," mentioned Pizzonia. "Not only is it the home race for Jaguar, but this is the circuit where I feel most at home and have raced on more than any of the others on the Grand Prix calendar. I have been there for the past two years in Formula 3000 and was on the podium in 2001. I also raced there in my Formula 3 days when I was living in the UK. When I was in Formula Vauxhall Junior and Formula Renault I visited the circuit regularly, although this was usually for races on the shorter circuit. It is a challenging track for the car and driver and to get the right setup here is not that easy. You definitely need plenty of downforce. After the team's recent results and the feedback we have from our last test at Silverstone and the one in Barcelona this week we have to feel optimistic for the race." I have been feeling happier with the R4 and myself over the past few races," admitted the Brazilian driver. "and I know the hard work put in by Cosworth Racing on the engine and Michelin on the tyres has also helped a great deal. I now hope I can translate this into points finishes as I was so close to doing this in the back to back races we have just had.”
                  David Pitchforth, Managing Director at Jaguar Racing, commented : "The team in conjunction with Cosworth Racing and Pi Research have been working hard in recent months to deliver on reliability. Our last few faces have reflected the results of this hard work, however, home races have a habit of throwing gremlins at you so we are of course approaching the weekend with caution. Our three-day test in Barcelona last week allowed us to complete a healthy number of laps with no issues. Working with Michelin on tyres we are keen to ensure that we have the right set-up for the Silverstone track and with the varying speeds of corners there is also always a challenge to find the correct balance. Both of the drivers know this circuit well and although it is not their home-race they have spent as much time here as they have on their own circuits. We are constantly developing the car and with six races still left on the calendar we hope to bring some of these developments to the track. We tested at Silverstone in June so we have been able to gather a good amount of data on the R4 already and will be looking to make the most of this and Friday testing over the weekend." "A home race always brings a certain amount of extra pressure but we will be looking to make the most of the it and of course we would like to ensure that we are in a position to exploit our pace and reliability with yet more championship points and take our current 6th place in the Constructor's Championship to 5th.” concluded Pitchforth.

BAR

"I have good memories of winning the British Grand Prix in 1996 and 1997, so I know what a great feeling it is to do well in your team's home race," said Jacques Villeneuve. "2003 has been a tough season so far, so it would be nice to get a good result for the team." ”I enjoy racing at Silverstone," added Villeneuve. "Although there aren't many overtaking opportunities, the track is fun to drive. When we tested at Silverstone not so long ago, we didn't have a great test, but having said that our test in Barcelona last week went a lot better than when we were there for the race weekend, so I am optimistic and really looking forward to it.”
                  “Every driver wants to do well in their home Grand Prix and racing at Silverstone for a British team is a great feeling," said Jenson Button. "Finishing fifth there in my first season was awesome; when you take the chequered flag and see all those Union Jacks waving at you from the grandstands, it really is spine-tingling. Silverstone is on BAR's doorstep and practically the whole team will be turning out to watch this race. It will be great to feel them willing us on and I hope we can reward all their hard work with a good result." “Silverstone is one of the most demanding circuits that we race at and there are some really fun sections, such as Becketts, where you're absolutely flat out in seventh gear; and Stowe, where you're braking and turning in at the same time, which is quite exciting," mentioned Button. "This is definitely one of my favourite tracks. We've had a positive test in Barcelona this week and it looks like we've made a good step forward with the developments we are introducing at Silverstone.”
                  David Richards, Team Principal at BAR, commented : “The British Grand Prix is always a landmark race for BAR. First and foremost, this is our home Grand Prix, so it creates a great deal of expectation within the team and amongst the media, our partners and fans. Silverstone also falls soon after the mid- point of the season, which is when we take stock of our performance and begin to implement our most substantial development upgrades. This year is no exception and we go to our home circuit with a new aerodynamics package and a significant new engine development. Consequently, we expect to see a step up in performance and, after some difficult times in the last three or four races, I hope that we can regain some of the form we demonstrated earlier in the season." “Last year's race was a great occasion for the team," added Richards. "We achieved our best overall team performance to date and it was a fantastic reward for the hard work that had gone into starting to reverse the team's fortunes. Those efforts have continued unabated and our objective for the weekend is to deliver a strong points-finish for both cars.”

Sauber

"I like coming to England, and Silverstone," said Nick Heidfeld. "I was there often when I was racing in F3000 and testing for McLaren Mercedes, and I have some good memories of those days." As for the Silverstone circuit, Nick appreciates the challenge its offers : "It's quite a difficult circuit, quite special, particularly the complex at Becketts. That's very challenging, a nice point of the circuit. Club is also quite difficult; it's fairly slow and looks easy but it's difficult to get right because the exit is long and the camber slopes to the outside. When I tested there for McLaren I was losing all my time to Mika Hakkinen there until I figured it out. Bridge is easy flat, and actually pretty easy altogether." "I like the English fans," added Nick. "They really like the sport and the drivers, and are into the history. That makes for a great atmosphere all weekend. Our recent test at Silverstone in mid June went well and our car has been well suited to the track in recent years, so I am hopeful. And of course there is always the chance of rain!"
                  Heinz-Harald Frentzen also enjoys the British circuit : "Silverstone is a circuit I like, and I don't mind the sort of weather you get there. It's not too hot and not too cold. There are some quick corners, such as Copse, which is very fast, and the Becketts complex which is one of the most exciting parts of the track. You really feel the g forces there, through the left, right, left section. We can pull up to 5g there, more than you can at many other tracks. It's like the esses at Suzuka, and you need to take the perfect line. Stowe is also a good corner. Bridge is also quick and pretty much blind on entry, but that corner and Luffield allow you to take different lines without losing lap time. The whole track is a very good combination of corners and its very exciting to drive and physically demanding." "The British fans are enthusiastic and knowledgeable, and more balanced than fans anywhere else in the world," remarked Heinz-Harald. "We get a lot of support from them. They are quite open in their emotions. I hope we can give them something good, especially after the way our car went in the pre-race test."
                  Willy Rampf, Technical Director at Sauber, commented : "Silverstone is a medium to high downforce circuit that has a similar surface to Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya. There is plenty of grip but it is quite abrasive, so tyre wear and tyre degradation will be a factor. Added to that, it is fast but quite complex. Copse corner is fast, and then there are some high-speed curves, particularly the flowing section comprising Maggotts, Becketts, and Chapel which lead on to the Hangar Straight. The driver must be very accurate when placing his car here, and again on the entry and exit of Stowe. He must find the perfect line to achieve the optimum lap time. This is the critical sector of the track, together with Bridge corner." "Setting up the car can be very tricky here because high-speed stability is essential. You are looking for a set-up that will enable the car to change direction smoothly at very high speed, with minimal fuss. At the same time you also need good traction and mechanical grip for the slow-speed infield corners such as Abbey, Luffield and Priory and the first part of Woodcote." concluded Willy Rampf.

Jordan

"I was disappointed with our weekend in France so I've been focusing my energy on preparing for Silverstone," mentioned Giancarlo Fisichella. "I would be most happy if the weather turns and we have a wet race because so far this year my car has performed well in rainy conditions and I think it's our best chance of getting a decent result. This weekend I will be giving 100% as always because I know that my team are working extremely hard to provide me with a competitive car."
                  "I've been enjoying a busy schedule since the last race, with two days of testing in Barcelona, participating in the hill climb at Goodwood Festival of Speed and a variety of sponsor and media activity in the build-up to my home race," said Ralph Firman. "It's been good to get more time in the car and to experience the support there is for me in Britain and Ireland. Although Silverstone is a tricky circuit, it's one I know from testing and I'm looking forward to the challenge. I can't wait to race in front of the home crowd and I'm looking to score points."
                  Gary Anderson, Director of Race and Test Engineering, explains : "Silverstone is a fairly tough circuit which is challenging in every respect, however, we've had a couple of tests here so I believe we've got a reasonable base line to start from this weekend. Over the last couple of races we seem to have lost our way a little bit but hopefully we've got ourselves back together again and will improve over the weekend." "I believe that Bridgestone will be advantageous here, which may give us a better opportunity and also the changeable weather forecast might work in our favour," added Anderson. "On the basis of the testing we've done at Silverstone, the car hasn't been too bad. It seems to handle well, we have a few small updates and we have a good idea of which direction we should be going with set-up. With regards to our performance, it's important to look at the big picture. Going back a couple of races, although the Canadian Grand Prix was frustrating because the cars didn't finish, we actually had a reasonable car which was 9th or 10th quickest in the race laps. At the European Grand Prix, we didn't have a good car in terms of set-up so at the French Grand Prix we tried something different to find some lap time. With hindsight maybe we did the wrong thing at the wrong time and instead of moving forwards to 6th or 7th we went backwards. But you have to keep looking for new things. You can't just sit back and accept what you've got as there are constant developments and improvements to find. Sometimes changes work, sometimes they don't but you have to take that risk - if you don't try something different, you're not looking and you may not find that crucial one or two extra tenths of a second. We will go out at Silverstone with a reasonably stable set-up package and work from there. It would be good to get a points result here as it's great to be racing at home and I hope we can put on a good show for the fans."

Minardi

For this year, Minardi will count on the excellent driver duo of Jos Verstappen and Justin Wilson to produce a better result in this year's British Grand Prix. The Cosworth engine has been reliable and competitive and the PS03 is also consistent this year. Jos Verstappen did not take part in the British GP last year; his most recent appearance in that race dates back to 2001 when he was still driving for Arrows. He started that race in 17th place but climbed up to ninth place in a memorable charge through the field, overtaking drivers such as Villeneuve and Alesi. He finally ended the race at a respectable 10th position after having slight engine problems near the end of the event. Jos will surely be hoping to repeat this great performance next weekend. His teammate Justin Wilson has never driven in front of his home crowd in a Grand Prix so he will definitely be excited to compete in the race this weekend. "Silverstone will be extremely special for me as it'll be my first Formula One outing in front of my home crowd," said Justin Wilson on his official web site. "There's normally great support for the British drivers and I'm really looking forward to next weekend. Hopefully we can put on a good show for the fans." After Team Principal Paul Stoddart announced earlier last week that there will be no team protest on the legality of the cars, Minardi are fully concentrating on getting a solid performance this weekend and even possibly hoping to finish in the points.

Michelin

Michelin motorsport director Pierre Dupasquier said : "The BMW Williams F1 Team has earned everybody's respect by hitting such a rich vein of form, not least because we all know how hard it is to set such high standards in F1 without making any mistakes." "And it wasn't only the performance of Williams and BMW that put us in such good heart after the previous race at Magny-Cours," added Dupasquier. "West McLaren Mercedes was unlucky not to take third and fourth places, both Renaults were well placed when forced to retire, Mark Webber finished sixth for Jaguar and Olivier Panis picked up a point for Panasonic Toyota Racing. No question, Michelin's tyres have been performing remarkably well -- but that won't make us complacent because we know how much has still to be done. We must keep working hard to push forward our product development and generate an even more effective relationship between our tyres and the cars to which they are fitted."
                  The challenge ?
                  Silverstone is a very different proposition from Magny-Cours, where we raced two weeks ago. Various chicanes have been added over the years to increase overall lap times, but average speeds are still nudging 235 km/h (145 mph) so it remains one of the qui ckest circuits we race on in F1. There are several long, high-speed corners that place a great lateral load on tyres. The surface is quite porous, too, and that takes its toll on the rubber. As far as temperatures go, they tend to be lower than those at so me circuits we've raced at recently.
                  Our solution...
                  Last week we went to Barcelona to conduct an extensive series of tests that helped us finalise our options for Silverstone. Throughout most of the first half of the season we have used tyres from the softer end of our range, but we are just starting to fo cus on harder compounds for the tracks that lie ahead. We will have three tyres at Silverstone -- and all are a product of the work we did during our most recent tests.
                  And if it rains ?
                  At Magny-Cours we experienced familiar, European-style wet weather and were able to underline that our tyres are competitive in such conditions. Last year our intermediate tyre had a working "window" which had two strong points and one weak point :it was able to work well at the start in the rain and was equally good at the end in the dry. However, it was less effective when the track was damp. We have since corrected that characteristic.
                  Strategic options
                  Last season the rain upset the planned strategies; this time I expect teams to stop two or even three times. The pit lane here is quite long and each pit visit is likely to cost 33 to 34 seconds.
                  Fuel gauge
                  A heavy fuel load is quite costly here in performance terms: every extra 10kg will cost drivers 0.35 to 0.4 seconds per lap.

Michi

Kommentar

GP von Großbritannien - Quali I

Jos Verstappen Pole Position
                    125,00 / gamebookers

Justin Wilson Pole Position
                    125,00 / gamebookers

Für morgen sind ähnliche Wetterbedingungen vorhergesagt, wie auch am Freitag des GP von Frankreich. Zu Beginn der Session (14.00 Uhr) soll es noch leicht regen, im Lauf der Session aufhören und die Strecke soll immer mehr abtrocknen. Da die Minardis als letztes starten, sollten sie deshalb die besten Bedingungen haben und vielleicht wieder die Plätze 1 und 2 erreichen. Da sie auf Bridgestone unterwegs sind und diese Reifen bei nassen bzw. feuchten Bedingungen besser sind als die von Michelin, ist mir dies ne kleine Wette wert.

Michi

Kommentar

Zitat von Michi

Jos Verstappen Pole Position
                      125,00 / gamebookers

Justin Wilson Pole Position
                      125,00 / gamebookers

Für morgen sind ähnliche Wetterbedingungen vorhergesagt, wie auch am Freitag des GP von Frankreich. Zu Beginn der Session (14.00 Uhr) soll es noch leicht regen, im Lauf der Session aufhören und die Strecke soll immer mehr abtrocknen. Da die Minardis als letztes starten, sollten sie deshalb die besten Bedingungen haben und vielleicht wieder die Plätze 1 und 2 erreichen. Da sie auf Bridgestone unterwegs sind und diese Reifen bei nassen bzw. feuchten Bedingungen besser sind als die von Michelin, ist mir dies ne kleine Wette wert.

Michi
                      Mist auf die meinsten Fahrern sind die Quoten seit dem letzten Quali ganz unten hats früher nicht das 2-3 Fache für die Minardis gegeben ?

Wie wird eigentlich die Startposition für das Quali 1 ermittelt ?

100% RAPID

Kommentar

Zitat von Gerinho

Wie wird eigentlich die Startposition für das Quali 1 ermittelt ?
                        Der erste der Fahrerwertung startet zuerst, der Letzte zuletzt - Michael beginnt und Wilson startet als Letzter - die Reihenfolge hängt also von den bisher erzielten Punkte ab, bei Gleichstand entscheidet die bessere Platzierung (deshalb ist zB Fisichella vor Button gereiht, beide haben 10 Punkte, da Fisichellas beste Platzierung ein Sieg war, Buttons bester Platz war nur ein vierter).

Kommentar

Toyota over Sauber
                          1,89 / megasb

Sauber in diesem Jahr einfach nur katastrophal. Eventuell auch etwas bedingt durch die Reifen, fahren sie momentan nur noch vor den Minardis. Im Training heute morgen belegte Frentzen Platz 15 mit fast 2,000 sek. Rückstand und Heidfeld wurde 19. (!!!!!) hinter einem Minardi mit 3,200 sek Rückstand auf Coulthard. Die Toyotas wurden in den letzten Rennen immer besser und sind speziell in den Qualis sehr gut. Panis holte vor 2 Wochen einen sehr guten 6. Platz bei seinem Heim-GP und bestädigte seine gute Leistung heute morgen mit dem 5. Platz (Vorsprung auf Frentzen: 1,300 sek; auf Heidfeld: 2,600 sek). Da es heute mittag trocken bleibt, solle Toyota auf jeden Fall die Nase bzw. den Flügel vorn haben!!!!

Michi

Kommentar

GP von Großbritannien - Quali II

Momentan sieht es so aus, als ob es in der Qualisession beginnt zu regnen. Dadurch werden die Fahrer, die zu beginn starten müssen einen Vorteil haben und es kann / wird möglich sein, dass schlechtere Fahrer in der Startaufstellung weit vorne stehen werden. Profitieren könnte auch Barrichello, der als 2. auf die Strecke muss und somit vielleicht der Lachende ist, wenn es nach ihm zu regnen beginnt. Auch Raikkönen könnte Glück haben, denn er startet als 8.. Schumi und die beiden Williams müssen ganz am Ende fahren, was heute evt. nicht das Beste ist. Möglicherweise müssen sie im Regen fahren und werden deshalb sehr weit hinten starten. Barrichello Pole ist deshalb für mich heute eine Wette wert. Sollte alles so eintreten, wie ich gerade geschrieben habe, hat er super Chancen, auf Pole zu stehen. Außerdem denke ich, dass der Ferrari viel stärker ist als in den letzten Rennen und deshalb ist auch die H2H-Wette Barrichello over Coulthard sehr gut. Michael over Raikkönen für 1,45 (unibet) ist natürlich auch genial (allerdings Startreihenfolge 8. und 20. - sehr gefährlich wegen dem Wetter), da wahrscheinlich die Pole von Ferrari oder Williams geholt wird (im Trockenen). McLaren schätze ich nicht so stark ein, die werden höchstens die 3. Startreihe erreichen. Sollte es in der ganzen Session regnen, dann ist Ferrari mit Bridgestone der ABSOLUTE Favorit.

Rubens Barrichello Pole Position
                            12,00 / interwetten

Rubens Barrichello over David Coulthard
                            1,55 / unibet

Michi

Kommentar

barri

hallo michi, habe deinen tipp barri für die pole grade noch abgeben können. inklusive mercedes, da ich coulthards heimgrandprix + motivation nicht unterschätze. gilt auch als winnertipp für mich morgen.

ben

Kommentar

Willkommen!
                              Es sieht so aus, als ob Du dich gerne am Thema beteiligen würdest. Du musst dich anmelden oder registrieren, um in diesem Thema antworten zu können.
                              no result for widgetinstance 1269.

Sportwetten Newsletter

Anmeldung für den kostenlosen Newsletter
                              Im Newsletter informieren wir über aktuelle Bonusaktionen und Gewinnspiele.
                              18 Plus Icon
                              Wettforum.info
                              Lädt...
                              X
                              Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen.