• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

Formel 1 - GP von Deutschland

Length: 4.574 km
    Nb of Laps: 67 (306.458 km)
    Record Pole: 1''14'389

Da ich wahrscheinlich an diesem WE in Hockenheim live dabei sein werde, werde ich nur Vorberichte, .... aber leider keine Tipps posten können.

Michi

German GP - Williams - Preview

"Not winning at Silverstone was a shame as it was Williams F1's home Grand Prix, but I have moved on and am looking forward to racing at Hockenheim and securing some more points," said Ralf Schumacher. "The World Championship, however, is far from my thoughts at the moment. Hockenheim is my home Grand Prix so I am concentrating on that and, hopefully, securing another win."

"Last year, we ran for the first time on the revised track, which is great, so I can't wait to get back there," added Ralf Schumacher. "Losing the long straights of the old circuit is not a problem as the new layout is clearly much more interesting for both the drivers and the fans. There's a great overtaking opportunity before the hairpin and the corners in the infield don't narrow at the exit, they remain open, so you can maintain your rhythm and drive fluently."

Juan Pablo Montoya has now moved to third place in the World Championship. "It's good to approach the German Grand Prix with some more valuable points under my belt," mentioned Juan-Pablo Montoya. "I am now third in the Drivers' Championship and this is very good, but the gap from the lead is still substantial and I need to score points consistently in every race to be able to challenge for the title."

"Since it was revised for last year's race, Hockenheim now offers more overtaking opportunities but, unfortunately, fewer high-speed sections. All in all though, the layout of the new circuit should allow our cars to demonstrate their true potential," said Montoya. "So far, we have always been fairly competitive at Hockenheim, even when our car wasn't as good as it is now, so I don't see why we shouldn't be confident in achieving a good result this year."

Sam Michael, Chief Operations Engineer at Williams, talked about the Hockenheim circuit and its specifications. "Major improvements were made to Hockenheim in time for last year's race which transformed it into a more exciting track with plenty of overtaking opportunities," mentioned Sam Michael. "The long straight from Turn 2 down to Turn 3, with the extensive tarmac run-off area, is a great example of how the race promoters can make changes to circuits in order to facilitate overtaking, thereby enhancing the excitement of Formula One."

"Hockenheim is dominated by slow and medium speed corners which will dictate the setup options we select over the weekend. As always, traction will be an important factor, as well as tyre selection," added Same Michael. "The data from last year's race demonstrates that tyre degradation can be a problem at Hockenheim so making the correct choice with Michelin will be crucial. Strategy, however, will be the most critical element of the weekend, so the efficiency of the pit crew will be key. After seeing how much time the crew managed to gain our drivers in the pit lane during the safety car period at Silverstone, we are confident of another strong showing in Germany. Since the British Grand Prix, we've made several improvements to the FW25 which will hopefully keep us challenging at the front of the field and help us to secure some more valuable points at Hockenheim."

Mario Theissen, BMW Motorsport Director, commented : "For the last two years, Hockenheim has proven to be a good race for us. In 2001, both our drivers started from the front row of the grid for the first time, with Ralf going on to win his home race. Last year, Juan Pablo and Ralf finished second and third respectively. I hope we can maintain such impressive results this year and add to the team's successes already achieved this season."

"Before the Hockenheimring was adapted, the long forest straights suited our powerful engine and we were able to exert greater influence on the car's performance than we can with the new layout. Now, it's the quality of the overall package that's important rather than just sheer horsepower alone. Even so, with engines running flat out for around 65 per cent of the time, it's one of the fastest circuits on the calendar. Thanks to the recent improvements to the track, the stadium-like character of the venue, with its unique atmosphere in the Motodrom, has been further accentuated. Furthermore, this season we are witnessing an extremely close battle for both World Championships. For us, and for the fans, this is the most exciting Formula One season we've had for years so we are of course looking forward to a good race at our home Grand Prix." concluded Theissen.

Michi

Kommentar

German GP - BAR - Preview

"I have quite good memories of racing on the old track in the past," said Jacques Villeneuve. "I am not a big fan of the new track and didn't really enjoy racing on it last year. It's not a low downforce track anymore and it's like many of the circuits we race at. There are a few overtaking opportunities though, which should make for an interesting race. Our new car is definitely an improvement and the engine worked really well during the race last weekend, so I am optimistic for Hockenheim."

Jenson Button had a good result at Silverstone a few days ago and will be looking to do just as well in Germany. "Silverstone showed that we have made some good steps forward with the overall car and engine package and I had a very good race, so I am definitely looking forward to Germany and hoping to pick up where we left off. My objective in Hockenheim is to have as good a qualifying as possible because, if our race pace in Silverstone was any indication, we can look forward to a strong result and I really want more points. Last year we went to the revised circuit not really knowing what to expect and found that the new section was very hard on tyres, but this year we have the data and hopefully we'll be in good shape. The new circuit has a good overtaking opportunity at the end of the back straight and although the old track was very spectacular, at least the revised version retains the Stadium Section which is pretty special to drive through."

David Richards, Team Principal at BAR, commented : “Our revised car delivered a notable improvement in performance at Silverstone and this gives the team encouragement for the remainder of the season. Together with Honda and Bridgestone, we must now focus all our efforts on maintaining this rate of development in order to secure our target of fifth place in the Championship.”

Geoffrey Willis, Technical Director at BAR, believes the car is capable of performing just as well as in the last race. "After an encouraging performance at Silverstone, we are confident that the car will also work well at Hockenheim." said Willis. "The revised circuit now requires relatively high downforce levels, similar to Silverstone, and good aerodynamic efficiency. There is however more emphasis on traction and low-speed grip, so we are hopeful that the latest tyre compounds from Bridgestone will contribute to a competitive weekend for us."

Shuhei Nakamoto, Engineering Director at Honda Racing Development, added : "We are determined to carry our improved performance through to Germany and our target is to get both drivers in the points. We will be using the time back in Japan during the testing ban to work on various developments, in order to strengthen our package for the remainder of the season."

Michi

Kommentar

German GP - Sauber - Preview

Willy Rampf Technical Director: "The revisions made to Hockenheim for 2002 completely changed its character. In the days when it had very long straights it was one of the fastest circuits on the calendar so we ran with the lowest level of downforce that we used all season. That meant developing the aerodynamic package to maximise straightline speed."

"Today Hockenheim is a very different proposition, because it is shorter and tighter. There are no more any long straights or tight chicanes. Now it is actually quite similar to the A1-Ring in Austria, which means that we run in high downforce configuration. Last year's race confirmed our expectation that there would be overtaking opportunities at the new hairpin that follows the curving back straight, and this meant that setting the car up for maximum stability under braking and traction exiting the corner became very important."

Nick Heidfeld: "Another home Grand Prix for me, but Hockenheim is a bit further from where I was born than the Nurburgring, where I did some of my early racing. The most special thing will be the atmosphere of the crowds when you come into Hockenheim's stadium. That is something you never forget. The other distinctive thing were the long straights, which belong to the past. Now the circuit is more modern, and fortunately it generates similar overtaking opportunities. The new layout is safer and better for the spectators, who get to see the cars for more laps. I think it should be good for our car. Last year we were competitive there and scored points."

Heinz-Harald Frentzen: "Hockenheim is a special race track. For the spectators the design of the infield is impressive with a sort of stadium atmosphere. By modifying the track last year to make it shorter the organiser have enabled them to see even more action. I have known the track for many years as I started racing there in 1985. But after the revision for 2002 I only knew four or five of the corners well so it posed a new challenge. I knew so many of the circuits from my time in Formula One that it was good to see something new."

"I was surprised last year to see so many overtaking moves so that promises some great spectating in this years Grand Prix. I'm looking forward to having a good race in front of my home crowd."

Michi

Kommentar

German GP - Renault - Preview

After a thrilling British Grand Prix last weekend, the Renault F1 Team is now heading to Germany next weekend. The race should provide another opportunity for the team to earn a good result.

Hockenheim, though, provides a different challenge than Silverstone. Since revisions were made for last year, the circuit's unique character has been lost, and drivers who did not race last season, including Fernando Alonso, will have to cope with learning a new circuit as well.

Will that be a problem? Pat Symonds does not think so: "Fernando won't be at any disadvantage," stated Pat. "A good racing driver generally learns 98% of a circuit within 10 laps. The last couple of percent can take years, but he can get very close in no time at all. Fernando is the sort of driver who learns fast: by the end of Friday morning, if not well before, he will be right on the pace."

With that potential pitfall out of the way, the team can focus completely on extracting maximum performance from the R23B. One potential advantage for the team could be Friday testing: during the summer, no teams are allowed to test between races, but the Renault F1 Team will have two hours on Friday morning at their disposal.

"In the Friday session at Hockenheim, we will be evaluating a different tyre construction that we may well use in Hungary," explained Pat Symonds. "As the only top team able to do that during the summer break, it may prove to be to our advantage."

And what about the race weekend in Germany? According to Mike Gascoyne, things are looking positive, and conditions could play to the team's advantage: "I believe we can be as competitive in all the remaining races as we were at Silverstone," concluded the Technical Director. "Certainly, the Michelin tyres have been extremely competitive in very hot conditions, and they are really doing a very good job. Once again, we need to be looking to take points from our direct rivals in Germany, and in order to do so we must ensure that both cars make it to the finish."

Michi

Kommentar

German GP - Bridgestone - Preview

hilst Bridgestone Motorsport has its feet planted firmly on the ground, the success of its teams at the British Grand Prix after a week of testing has left Bridgestone eager to move on to Round 12 of the FIA Formula 1 World Championship.

The German GP last year saw the Scuderia’s Michael Schumacher convert his pole position to a classic win in his Bridgestone equipped F2002. This year, Ferrari and Michael Schumacher lead their respective championships but with just five races remaining, each result is now more crucial than ever.

Hiroshi Yasukawa, Director of Motorsport, said : “Silverstone was a genuine reflection of the hard work and effort everyone at Bridgestone and in our teams have been putting in recently. However, as we said, that was just the first phase and there is still much work to do. We won at Hockenheim last year with Michael but it is a demanding circuit and it will be a real test of our progress so far.”

Formerly a high speed circuit requiring tyres from the harder end of Bridgestone’s range, the restyled and slower, 4.574km Hockenheim circuit means that for the second year, softer compounds will be seen at the German Grand Prix. Bridgestone will be taking approximately 1,400 tyres to Germany comprising of eight different dry weather specifications, reflecting the choices of Bridgestone’s five teams.

Hisao Suganuma, Technical Manager of Bridgestone Motorsport said : “Hockenheim was modified prior to last year’s GP and one of the most significant aspects of those changes was the consequent reduction in average speeds. Very little data was available last year because of those changes but we now know from last year’s race that the circuit is still hard from a heat durability point of view. To be as competitive as possible, we shall be bringing tyres from the mid-soft range. But, heat durability is an important factor at Hockenheim as cars can keep relatively high speeds in several corners, generating significant heat in the tyres. Strategy wise, in previous years we’ve seen two stops from the top teams but I suspect we may see different strategies this year. For sure it’s going to be a tough race but we gave Ferrari winning tyres last year with very little data available so I’m confident that with a year’s experience and the recent lessons we’ve learnt, we’ll be strong in Germany.”

Michi

Kommentar

German GP - Jordan - Preview

After some disappointing results in recent races, the team is feeling positive about the German Grand Prix. With the recent developments on the EJ13, the Silverstone based squad will be aiming to secure more valuable world championship. Giancarlo Fisichella’s race car is now chassis EJ13-05. Ralph Firman continues to use EJ13-03 and the spare car is EJ13-04.

Gary Anderson, Director of Race and Test Engineering: “Hockenheim, even with its recent changes, is a track which requires less than maximum downforce, so we believe that we should be in better position with our car set-up than at some other tracks. We have got an engine performance step from Cosworth at this race and as engines are very important here hopefully that will help us."

“Ralph has never been to Hockenheim so he will need to learn the track, he’s been pretty quick at picking them up so far this season so it shouldn’t be a huge disadvantage but it is something he has to spend time on that other drivers don’t. On Friday morning Zsolt Baumgartner will drive our third car. It will be the first time we’ve run three cars in the test session and hopefully it will allow us to understand the tyre performance better over longer runs, something other teams with a third driver have benefited from already this season."

“We are going to Hockenheim to come away with best result possible and hopefully that will be with a few points. We were in better position at the British Grand Prix than we have been in the last couple of races and our partners Cosworth and Bridgestone are supporting us fully with developments, which should help to put us in a more competitive position. Essentially, we are going to this race to fight and bring home the best result we possibly can.”

Giancarlo Fisichella: “The last Grand Prix was quite encouraging as our pace, balance and grip were all better than in recent races. The team is working hard to give me performance and reliability from the car and my target for the German Grand Prix is to finish the race and, although I think it may be tough, to score some points.”

Ralph Firman: "Going to Hockenheim is another new experience for me as it will be the ninth circuit so far this season on which I have never previously raced in anything, never mind Formula One. That's been the downside of concentrating on winning the Formula Nippon Championship instead of competing in European Formula 3000. However, I am pretty used to learning the circuits quickly and Hockenheim looks like a very interesting challenge. From what I have heard it's going to be very hot and also that the revised circuit which was introduced last year was quite hard on tyres. No doubt the team has all the valuable information from last year's race and can make the right decisions, and one change already is that we will be using a different tyre construction which will hopefully be good. I had a strong race in Silverstone, though the car's pace is not where we want it to be, but I am determined to give it everything in the hope of more points. I am glad to see that Hockenheim at least offers some good overtaking opportunities."

Jost Capito, Director, Ford Team RS: "The strength of the competition in Formula One has amazed a lot of people this year, and it has meant that all the teams on the grid are having to work extra hard to gain results. Jordan Ford are no exception and we are heading to the German Grand Prix knowing that nothing less than the maximum effort will help us in our quest for more World Championship points especially as Germany is an important market for Ford."

Michi

Kommentar

German GP - Toyota - Preview

The 2003 race will be the 27th German GP to be held at Hockenheim, having been previously staged for 23 races by the Nürburgring. Originally built in 1930's as a test facility, the Hockenheimring had to wait until 1970 before being instated as an F1 race venue. The track was drastically revised for last year's event, reduced in length from 6.825km to 4.574km and swapping ultra fast straights with a tighter, twistier layout. In the last ten years, no driver has won the German Grand Prix two years in a row.

With top eight results in the Canadian, French and British Grands Prix, Panasonic Toyota Racing has scored four points over the last four race weekends. The team intends to build upon the seven points already won this year, setting its sights on a sixth consecutive top ten grid slot and the first two-car points finish of the season at the German Grand Prix - round 12 of this season's championship.

With no testing in the period since the Silverstone race, Olivier Panis and Cristiano da Matta have used the opportunity to recharge their batteries ahead of the German GP. Race preparations took place a few weeks' ago at the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona, where the team successfully tested a new specification RVX-03 engine, as well as new aero components, specifically designed for increased performance at maximum downforce circuits like Hockenheim.

Ove Andersson, Team Principal: "Everyone in Cologne was given a real boost from seeing our cars in front at the British Grand Prix two weeks' ago and from the two hard-earned and well-deserved championship points we claimed. There are just seven points separating Panasonic Toyota Racing from fifth place in the constructors' championship, so with only five races left of the season, we have to put in the best efforts to improve our position. We have an engine upgrade and new aerodynamic parts for the German GP and we are confident of continuing the progress we have displayed in the past races."

Olivier Panis: "I drove on the new Hockenheim track for the first time last season. I thought it was quite good, although it had a completely different feel compared to the previous layout ˆ it is much wider and slower. The circuit's width can lead to some overtaking possibilities, but it is a maximum downforce track, so we need to find a good mechanical and aerodynamic set-up to be quick. We are introducing some new aero parts this weekend to gain more downforce, and we have a new specification engine, which felt very good in testing. Consequently, I am hopeful that we can maintain our recent good form and get some more points."

Cristiano da Matta: "After briefly leading the race and ultimately picking up two more championship points in Silverstone two weeks' ago, the whole team is in upbeat mood at the moment. I raced on the old Hockenheimring in 1996, but the circuit has totally changed and will require a very different style of driving, so it will be back to the usual story for me this weekend, with my priority being to learn the track on Friday morning. Nevertheless, I have become quite used to learning new tracks quickly and we have new parts on the car for this race, so I remain optimistic about our chances of getting another good result."

Michi

Kommentar

German GP - Michelin - Preview

Having given a good account of themselves in the ultra-competitive British Grand Prix a fortnight ago, Michelin's five partner teams will regroup this weekend in Germany for the 12th round of the Formula One World Championship. The track was resurfaced and completely redesigned ahead of last season's race, so tyre manufacturers had precious little valid data available.

Michelin motorsport director Pierre Dupasquier says: "Last year our Hockenheim range was developed in accordance with tests our teams had done to simulate lap times and probable tyre loads. It was a comparative exercise and we had to rely more on calculated guesswork than we did at other, familiar tracks. Now, however, we have acclimatised to the latest version of Hockenheim. It has lost much of its old character but remains unlike many other circuits. It doesn't present any obvious pitfalls and generally it is a fairly fast track with a wide variety of different corners. Some of these are quick but there are also slower sectors, for instance in the stadium section."

"We are confident that we will provide our partner teams with tyres that will enable them to maximise their chassis' full potential. A number of people seemed to think that Silverstone marked some kind of turning point in the evolution of this year's world championship, but I don't see things like that at all. The current world championship leader was unable to steal a march on his key rivals and the title race remains refreshingly open. I think the German GP could be even more absorbing than the enthralling race we watched at Silverstone two weeks ago!"

Technically speaking with Pascal Vasselon
                  F1 programme manager

Tyre possibilities:
                  "For Hockenheim, the most critical element of tyre choice isn't the circuit layout or the quality of the track resurfacing. We have to bear in mind the probability of extremely high temperatures. In addition, this is a venue at which front and rear tyres tend to be subjected to a fairly even rate of wear."

Evolution of the species:
                  "Last year the revised Hockenheim had hardly been used at all before the grand prix and so the track was very dirty, especially if you ventured off line during the opening free practice session. This year things ought to be more stable because new surfaces tend to evolve massively during their first few months before things settle down. As a result, I expect the track to be less abrasive this season."

Home on the range:
                  "We completed our pre-Hockenheim preparations during the last round of testing before the mid-summer ban came into force. Our partners settled on two different kinds of dry-weather tyre, of which one is brand new, for this race. All of the available tyres will come from the medium sector of our range."

What are tyre profiles and contact patches?
                  "A tyre's profile is its exterior shape, viewed from the side. This is easily visible to the human eye. The profile functions in conjunction with the tyre's internal construction to generate a contact patch once a car puts the tyre under load. The way this contact patch works in relation to the track, the manner in which it responds and generates grip, isn't something you can simply work out in your head. Rather, you have to use powerful computing tools to understand and analyse such data."

Stop tips:
                  "Teams were plotting two-stop strategies last season and this year I think we'll see cars coming at least two times and possibly three. Each pit visit costs about 30 seconds, in total."

Weights and measures:
                  "The penalty for a heavy fuel load equates to about 0.3 seconds per lap for every extra 10kg on board."

Michi

Kommentar

German GP - McLaren mercedes - Preview

The Team McLaren Mercedes team will be at Hockenheim this weekend for the German Grand Prix, one of two home events for Mercedes-Benz this season.

The race, which is sponsored for the 13th consecutive year by Team McLaren Mercedes Technology Partner ExxonMobil, marks round 12 of the 2003 FIA Formula One World Championship. Kimi Raikkonen and David Coulthard currently lie in second and seventh in the Drivers standings, with 62 and 33 points respectively, with Team McLaren Mercedes in third position in the Constructors' table with 95 points.

"Although I did secure a podium finish at the British Grand Prix, the team's main aim going into a race is of course to win it, and it was disappointing not to do so as the car felt competitive," admitted Kimi Raikkonen. "However, there are still five races to go, including this week's German Grand Prix, and there is only a gap of seven points to the lead of the Drivers Championship, with a lot of points still to be won. The German race always seems to be fairly entertaining and it was certainly eventful for me last year, with my battle with Montoya! Last year the Hockenheim track had some major revisions, the main one was removing the long blast through the forest and the new four corner complex. Although this reduced the top speeds, it is still a very quick circuit that is fun to drive."

His teammate David Coulthard is looking forward to the race in Germany. "Despite my race being somewhat compromised at Silverstone due to my qualifying position, it was encouraging to come home in fifth," said David. "We now move to the German Grand Prix at Hockenheim, which is one of the fastest tracks on the calendar, and despite the modifications it is still renowned as a car breaker. It provides a number of genuine overtaking opportunities, including a wide hairpin at the new Parabolika. As we no longer have the fast, power section along the back straight, this has reduced the set-up compromise of previous years. Of course there is still a level of compromise, but as there are not such extremes of challenges on the track any more we are able to more fully optimise our set-up for the whole lap. As a home race for Mercedes-Benz, we are looking to put on a good race for all the fans and employees. There is always a good atmosphere at the event, and last year the spectators in the new Mercedes-Benz grandstand at the Spitzkehre complex made a roar to rival the stadium section at the end of the track!"

Martin Whitmarsh, Managing Director at Mclaren International, commented : "As with Silverstone, the Mobil 1 German Grand Prix has particular importance for Team McLaren Mercedes, as a home race for Mercedes- Benz and a number of our Partners. We arrive at Hockenheim looking to maximise the capabilities of our car and secure a solid points total. The layout of the track should suit the capabilities of this car and we are looking for a strong result. There are still races to be won and points to be scored this season and as a team, we fully intend to work hard to secure as many as possible. The battles in both Championships remain very intense following the British Grand Prix, and we believe there will be an exciting culmination to the season in five races time."

Norbert Haug, Vice President at Mercedes-Benz Motorsport, said : "The German Grand Prix is the second home race for Mercedes-Benz in Germany within only five weeks and we expect a great number of Mercedes-Benz employees and fans to support the team. Most of them will enjoy an excellent view of most of the new circuit from the Mercedes grandstand. Following the substantial rebuild of the Hockenheimring last year the inaugural Formula One race saw some exciting overtaking and outbraking manoeuvres especially at the slow but wide hairpin at the end of the very fast Parabolika section."

"Taking into account how close the competition has been in this year's World Championship so far I think the spectators can look forward to some thrilling race action again. We have been very quick at the Nürburgring and the entire team wants to present a good performance during the forthcoming weekend in order to maintain or even better our positions in the World Championships battles."
                    concluded Norbert Haug.

Michi

Kommentar

German GP - Jaguar - Preview

After a 50km shakedown test with new driver Justin Wilson yesterday at Silverstone (UK), Jaguar Racing travels this week to Hockenheim (Germany) to compete in the twelfth round of the FIA Formula One World Championship.

With a fifth place finish in the Constructor’s Championship now looking realistic, drivers Mark Webber and Justin will be chasing any points that the front-runners leave behind. Jaguar’s latest signing Justin, will also be looking to take full advantage of the team’s two-hour testing session on Friday at a track that he is not totally familiar with given the revisions that were made to the Hockenheim circuit last year.

Hockenheim is characterised by slow and medium speed corners that will influence heavily the set-up options on the Jaguar R4 over the weekend. Traction is also a critical factor as is correct tyre choice. The data from last year’s race highlighted that tyre degradation can be a problem at Hockenheim and given this, the team will be working closer than ever with partner Michelin to understand the best options available. The issues that hindered the team’s performance at the British Grand Prix have now been understood and alongside Michelin, Jaguar Racing is aiming to optimise its strategy over the weekend.

“The word ‘busy’ is an understatement of how have I been recently," said Justin Wilson. "A new team, a new car, but still the same goals – to score points in Formula One. I am incredibly happy to be here and have a lot of people to thank for helping me get to this stage. Friday testing at Hockenheim cannot come quick enough for me. The Jaguar R4 has made so much progress in the last few months so I will be looking to make the most of its pace and reliability. Although I have only been here just over a week, the team has made me feel very welcome and I am doing my best to learn about my newfound environment. In Jaguar I have a great team supported by the best in the business in the shape of Cosworth Racing and Pi Research. Yesterday, I completed a 50km shakedown test with the team at Silverstone and all went according to plan. My seating position in the car is comfortable and the R4 felt very good, albeit for a handful of laps which was enough to wet my appetite pre-Hockenheim. To be honest, I only know about 50% of the track at Hockenheim since I have not raced there since they changed it. This is where the Friday testing is so valuable and makes a huge difference to both the team and myself. Michelin will be new to me too but the team has an excellent relationship with them. The tyre- war so far has clearly been one of Michelin having the upper hand and let’s hope this continues this weekend. With only five races to go I am acutely aware of the responsibility that I have to help the team push for fifth and I will certainly make the most of any opportunity that comes my way. In addition, my contract with Jaguar Racing is only for the next five races and added altogether, I go to Hockenheim with a lot to prove to everyone.”

Mark Webber has many good memories related to the German track : “Hockenheim is a good straight-forward circuit that I enjoy racing at. I won here with sportcars in 1998 and was on the podium again with F3000 in 2001. The track requires medium to high downforce and I believe that the R4 will suit this circuit more so than it did at Silverstone two weeks ago. Since my second ‘home’ race at Silverstone I have been really busy with the team attending sponsor-related events with Beck’s in Istanbul and working with the team at the factory in Milton Keynes. Our aim for the last few races very much remains the same and I would like to finish on a high at Hockenheim before going into the three-week break. As always I will be challenging for any points that the big boys leave behind, although at this stage in the game it is always much harder to find a point given the pace and reliability of the big three teams. Although we have improved our reliability and our pace is evident, our immediate competition has not stood still. Nonetheless, I am pleased with our progress to date – both on the R4 and the R5 development programme for next season."

David Pitchforth, Managing Director at Jaguar Racing, commented : "The last few months have been incredibly busy for us, with back-to-back races, a home-race, tests and now a new driver for the remaining five races of this season. We are extremely pleased with how the team has competed so far this season and we are now focusing on these last few races to push for as many points as possible with a 5th finish in mind. Justin has joined us at a critical time in the Championship and we are going to give him all the support he needs in order to compete. We appreciate that his first few races are going to be like pre- season testing for him so we are certainly not putting him under any pressure or setting any specific targets. We continue with our on- going development on the Jaguar R4 and despite our below-than-expectation form at Silverstone the net effect of our efforts remains positive. Michelin are continuing to provide us with excellent compounds and our on-track reliability keeps getting better. With points being a realistic target for us this weekend and Justin making his Jaguar debut, we expect another busy, albeit positive outcome to the German Grand Prix.”

Michi

Kommentar

German GP - Ferrari - Preview

It has now been three Grands Prix without a win for Michael Schumacher. The last time this situation happened was at the beginning of the season, when the five-time world champion was winless for the first three races of the year. After that, Michael responded by winning the next three races... is it a sign that Michael is going to start a winning streak in Germany ? It could be...

"Last year this race was one of the highlights of the season," said Michael Schumacher. "I had won the Drivers’ Championship at the previous race and came to Germany with the feeling that I could really celebrate the title with my fans. On top of that, I was very confident about my chances in the race, which is not all the common at Hockenheim. Victory came after years of trying with Ferrari and when I stood on the podium, I felt like the happiest man in the world. With that in mind, obviously I can’t wait to return to Germany, ready to fight on track."

"This year, the race definitely looks a much tougher prospect than last season’s and everyone at Ferrari is aware of that, but it is not an impossible task," added the German ace. "Recently, we have made significant progress, so we feel well prepared. We can expect a very tough race."

The fact that the competition is stronger than last year is clear but this only raises Michael Schumacher's motivation to win. "Several times this year we have seen that the true performance level of the teams at various circuits has only been revealed over the course of the weekend," said Michael. "This applies particularly to those circuits where we do not usually test and Hockenheim is one of these, so we will have to wait and see what we can do. It can be considered as a track which is not particularly suited to the Ferrari, but of course we will be out to prove the opposite."

His teammate Rubens Barrichello is really pleased with his win in the last Grand Prix but the Brazilian is already focusing on the Hockenheim circuit and its special requirements. "The long straights at Hockenheim were part of the circuit’s charm," said Rubens. "The new layout is not bad, with some overtaking possibilities, but not as many as on the old one. Without the long straights, nowadays when you get to the Stadium section, your first impression is that the car has improved so much, but in actual fact it’s that you now run with more downforce and that is where the performance comes from. The new track is still quite 'busy' and it is complex to set up the car. The new rules mean that set up still requires a compromise, as you basically qualify in race trim, but still need to be quick for that one lap on Saturday afternoon and then have a car that is good until the first refuelling stop on Sunday."

The Brazilian predicts a close battle for German event with the usual rivals : "Last year we saw a good race and hopefully that will be the case this year. I think that not only ourselves and Williams, but also McLaren should be competitive and we will have to keep an eye on Renault."

Michi

Kommentar

@Michi

To much!!

Habe deine Postings jetzt 2mal gelesen, komme aber nicht zurecht! Dies soll keine Kritik sein, aber ich denke, nicht nur mir ist das etwas zu viel an Infos.Da du hier der F1-Spezialist bist, ist schon klar, daß du mit all diesen Berichten etwas anfangen kannst. Mir als Wettuser würde ausreichen, wenn du deine persönliche Einschätzung, ob hier eher mit Bridgestone oder Micheline zu rechnen ist, welches Auto eventuell Vorteile hat oder welcher Fahrer besonders zu beachten ist, ausreichen.

Nochmal, verstehe dies nicht als Kritik, ist auch nur meine persönliche Meinung, die ich aber niederschreiben wollte!

P.S.: Viel Spass beim Rennen!!!
                          Fußballwetten werden im Wettforum behandelt. Wer sich für Trabrennen interessiert (vor Allem V64 und V75 in Schweden) kann ja einmal auf meinen Blog schauen (ganz neu!)
                          http://cotopaxi.over-blog.de/

Kommentar

Zitat von Michi
                            Da ich wahrscheinlich an diesem WE in Hockenheim live dabei sein werde, werde ich nur Vorberichte, .... aber leider keine Tipps posten können.

Michi

Bin leider am Freitag und Samstag doch nicht live dabei, da ich Fussball spielen muss.
                            Der Vorteil ist, dass ich wetten kann!!!!

@caliph

Hab selbst gemerkt, dass dies zu viel war. In Zukunft werde ich eine Zusammenfassung machen um es auf das wichtigste zu reduzieren.

Michi

Kommentar

Gibts auch ne kleine Zusammenfassung in deutsch?
                              Fänd ich echt klasse, michi!

Danke für die vielen Mühen.

MfG
                              Luke

Kommentar

Willkommen!
                              Es sieht so aus, als ob Du dich gerne am Thema beteiligen würdest. Du musst dich anmelden oder registrieren, um in diesem Thema antworten zu können.
                              no result for widgetinstance 1269.

Sportwetten Newsletter

Anmeldung für den kostenlosen Newsletter
                              Im Newsletter informieren wir über aktuelle Bonusaktionen und Gewinnspiele.
                              18 Plus Icon
                              Wettforum.info
                              Lädt...
                              X
                              Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklärst du dich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen.